In 2017, merchandise being exported around the world amounted to an estimated US$17,73 trillion. This highlights the importance that international commerce plays towards the global economy. Agreements entered into by the buyers and sellers of goods being exported and imported around the globe include what are known as ‘jurisdiction clauses’. These clauses provide the law that shall apply in the event of a dispute arising between the parties. Many of these agreements state that the laws of England and Wales shall apply where there is a dispute arising between buyer and seller.
The main piece of legislation governing the Sale of Goods in England and Wales is the Sale of Goods Act 1979. So, this Act often applies in relation to agreements between importers and exporters. This course teaches students about the most important aspects of this legislation.
- 135 minutes of pre-recorded video and audio lectures
- Course Guide and Module Notes to download (pdf documents)
- 20 hours of research content
- Case Studies
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the course to test your knowledge of the topics covered.
The course is separated into five parts. The topics covered include:
– PART I: Sale of Goods Act
– PART II: The Transfer of Property and Risk
– PART III: Terms in a sale of goods under SoGA 1979
– PART IV: Terms in a sale of goods under SOGA 1979
– PART V: Remedies of the Buyer and of the Seller
The module discusses the relevant case law and statutory provisions applicable to the sale of goods in the United Kingdom. By the end of the module, students shall have a good understanding of the law applicable to sales contracts, and moreover the law relevant to the buyer and seller of goods in the United Kingdom.
Upon completion of this course, students shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
When Do you Want to Start?
Our courses have different start dates each year. If you miss a start date you can simply join the course and work through to catch up or join before the next start date
Start Date: 31 May, 2021
- To teach students about the law relating to international sales contracts (i.e. Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the law relating to sales contracts – the buyer and seller).
What You Will Learn
- A good understanding of the risks involved in importing and exporting goods
- What action you can take to deal with those risks in advance to protect yourself against the risk of loss; and
- The remedies available to importers / exporters of goods where a party has breached the agreement
What Learners Say About Courses
– “Thank you for all your support. I am really enjoying the course. It is amazing. “ (John, Macau)
– “I love your course presentation. It’s very nice” (Simon, USA)
– “The materials on this course are fantastic and give a very clear picture of the world of soccer. “ (Honda, China)
Tell your employer about this course
If you are taking this course to develop yourself professionally, you should tell your employer about the course as your employer may give you time to complete the course at work or pay for the course for you.
To see the full course details download the Course Prices List
Still Have Questions?
We’ll do our best to answer