This module shall provide students with an overview of Intellectual Property (IP) law applicable in England and Wales.
- 120 minutes of pre-recorded video and audio lectures
- Course Guide and Module Notes to download (pdf documents)
- 15 hours of research content
- Case Studies
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the course to test your knowledge of the topics covered.
This module shall discuss IP law in England and Wales, and also takes a look at the equivalent laws in the United States of America and the international IP legal framework. The topics covered in the module include:
– Identifying the rules regarding copyright, trademark and patent protection;
– Evaluating the effect of jurisdictional boundaries upon copyright, trademark and patent protection;
– Identifying the international law that governs copyright, trademark and patent protection; and
– Evaluating the effectiveness of IP law at protecting the interests of owners of copyright, trademark and patent.
On completing this module, students shall have a broad understanding of the areas covered by IP law in England and Wales, and a basic understanding of the IP laws adopted in the United States of America (US) and under the international IP legal framework.
Upon completing this course, students shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
When Do you Want to Start?
Our courses have different start dates each year. If you miss a start date you can simply join the course and work through to catch up or join before the next start date
Start Date: 1 February, 2021
- Provides an insight into key areas of IP law in the United Kingdom, a basic understanding of IP law in the United States, and the international legal framework.
HOW YOU SHALL BENEFIT
- At the end of the module, you shall have a good understanding of the areas of IP law applicable in the United Kingdom, and a basic understanding of US and international IP laws.