This course provides an overview of the English legal system.
This course provides an overview of the key concepts of the English legal system. The topics covered in the module include:
– The UK Constitution;
– Law-making and authority;
– Judges and the courts;
– The court hierarchy;
– The distinction between criminal and civil law;
– The standard of proof in criminal and civil proceedings;
– The doctrine of the Separation of Powers;
– The doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty; and
– The ‘Rule of Law’.
By the end of this module, students shall have a good understanding about the English legal system, and more generally about the legal system adopted in common law jurisdictions.
Students completing this module shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
When Do you Want to Start?
Our courses have different start dates each year. If you miss a start date you can simply join the course and work through to catch up or join before the next start date
Start Date: 30 September, 2020
- 60 minutes of pre-recorded video lectures and 20 hours of research content.
- To provide students with an overview of the English legal system.
- To teach students about the bodies relevant to the English legal system.
- To teach students about the case law, doctrines, rules and principles applicable to the English legal system.
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the module to test students’ knowledge of the topics covered.
£135 (Actual Price with Discount)
Claim 10% Discount on Cart Page with Code LAW10
After adding the Course to your Cart, Go to Cart and Press View Cart to Claim your Discount on Cart Page, and then Proceed to Checkout to Complete your Purchase
Pay by Instalment
£75 Per Stage
Full Course: 2 stages.
Choose the number of stages you want to pay for (minimum of 1), Go to Cart and Proceed to Checkout to Complete your Purchase
Payment Information: 2 x £75 payments – No Processing Fee or Monthly Obligation – Pay for the next stage of the course as and when you want to study