This course provides an overview of administrative and constitutional law applicable in the United Kingdom.
- 74 minutes of pre-recorded video and audio lectures
- Course Guide and Module Notes to download (pdf documents)
- 15 hours of research content
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the course to test your knowledge of the topics covered.
Administrative and Constitutional law is the area of law governing the state and public bodies, amongst other things. Some of the areas covered in the course include:
– The UK Constitution
– The doctrine of the Separation of Powers
– The doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty
– The Judicial Review procedure
By the end of the module, students will understand about the sources of the UK Constitution, the relevance of the doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty / Supremacy under the UK Constitution, the limitations imposed on the doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty / Supremacy, the role played by the doctrine of the separation of powers in the UK constitutional framework, the judicial review procedure, and how a decision by the executive (Government) or public body can be challenged in the courts.
Students completing this module shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
When Do you Want to Start?
Our courses have different start dates each year. If you miss a start date you can simply join the course and work through to catch up or join before the next start date
Start Date: 30 September, 2020
- To provide students with an overview of the Administrative & Constitutional Law applicable in the United Kingdom.
- To teach students about the United Kingdom Constitution and the limitations imposed on the constitution.
- To teach students about the case law, doctrines, rules and principles applicable to the UK Constitution (i.e. doctrine of parliamentary supremacy).
- To provide students with an overview of the judicial review procedure
£135 (Actual Price with Discount)
Claim 10% Discount on Cart Page with Code LAW10
After adding the Course to your Cart, Go to Cart and Press View Cart to Claim your Discount on Cart Page, and then Proceed to Checkout to Complete your Purchase
Pay by Instalment
£75 Per Stage
Full Course: 2 stages.
Choose the number of stages you want to pay for (minimum of 1), Go to Cart and Proceed to Checkout to Complete your Purchase
Payment Information: 2 x £75 payments – No Processing Fee or Monthly Obligation – Pay for the next stage of the course as and when you want to study