This course provides an overview of the development of the European Union (EU) and EU law.
The topics covered in this module include:
– Providing a historical overview of the development of the EU;
– Providing an overview of the EU’s legal order and European fundamental rights; and
– The EU’s economic freedoms and fundamental rights.
The module shall touch upon the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union and the relevant EU Treaty provisions. By the end of the module, students shall understand about the formation and development of the EU, and the development of key rights within the EU.
- 40 minutes of pre-recorded video lectures and 10 hours of research content.
- To provide students with an overview of the development of the European Union (EU) and the establishment of EU fundamental rights.
- To teach students about the case law, EU treaty provisions, rules and principles applicable to EU law.
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the module to test students’ knowledge of the topics covered.
The Development of the European Union and its Laws
- Introductory Message
- European Union Law
- Lecture on European Union Law. Topics covered: An Historical Overview of the Development of the European Union; An Overview of the European Union’s Legal Order and Fundamental Rights; The European Union’s Economic Freedoms and Fundmanental Rights.
- European Union and It’s Laws Test Questions