This module provides an overview of international commercial law, with a focus on the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
The module is separated into five parts. The lectures shall cover the following topics:
– PART I: Sale of Goods Act
– PART II: The Transfer of Property and Risk
– PART III: Terms in a sale of goods under SoGA 1979
– PART IV: Terms in a sale of goods under SOGA 1979
– PART V: Remedies of the Buyer and of the Seller
The module discusses the relevant case law and statutory provisions applicable to the sale of goods in the United Kingdom. By the end of the module, students shall have a good understanding of the law applicable to sales contracts, and moreover the law relevant to the buyer and seller of goods in the United Kingdom.
Upon completion of this course, students shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
- 135 minutes of lectures and 30 hours of research!
- To teach students about the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the law relating to sales contracts (i.e. the buyer and seller).
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the module to test students’ knowledge of the area.
International Commercial Law
- Introductory Message
- International Commerical Law
- Lecture on the Scope of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (PART I)
- Lecture on the Transfer of Property and Risk (PART II)
- Lecture on the Terms in a Sale of Goods in the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (PART III)
- Lecture on the Terms in Sale of Goods (Continued) (PART IV:)
- Lecture on the Remedies of the Buyer and Seller (PART V)
- International Commercial Law Test Questions