This module shall provide students with an overview of Intellectual Property (IP) law applicable in England and Wales.
This module shall discuss IP law in England and Wales, and also takes a look at the equivalent laws in the United States of America and the international IP legal framework. The topics covered in the module include:
– Identifying the rules regarding copyright, trademark and patent protection;
– Evaluating the effect of jurisdictional boundaries upon copyright, trademark and patent protection;
– Identifying the international law that governs copyright, trademark and patent protection; and
– Evaluating the effectiveness of IP law at protecting the interests of owners of copyright, trademark and patent.
On completing this module, students shall have a broad understanding of the areas covered by IP law in England and Wales, and a basic understanding of the IP laws adopted in the United States of America (US) and under the international IP legal framework.
Upon completing this course, students shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
- 120 minutes of lectures and Module Notes.
- Provides an insight into key areas of IP law in the United Kingdom, a basic understanding of IP law in the United States, and the international legal framework.
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the module to test students.
- At the end of the module, students shall have a good understanding of the areas of IP law applicable in the United Kingdom.