LLB PROGRAM COURSE CURRICULUM
The LLB Program is taught in 3 stages. The 3 stages are separated into the following 20 modules:
Module 1: English Legal System
Module 2: Constitutional / Administrative Law
Module 3: Contract Law I (Obligations I)
Module 4: Part I: Formation of Contracts
Module 5: Part II: The Contents of the Contract
Module 6: Part III: Factors that Vitiate a Contract
Module 7: Criminal Law I
Module 8: Criminal Law II
Module 9: European Union Law
Module 10: Contract II (Obligations II)
Module 11: Part IV: Discharge of Contracts
Module 12: Part V: Remedies for Breach of Contract
Module 13: Part VI: The Rights and Liabilities of Third Parties to a Contract
Module 14: Property / Land Law
Module 15: Tort Law
Module 16: Alternative Dispute Resolution
Module 17: International Commercial Law (Sale of Goods Act 1979) PART I
Module 18. International Commercial Law (Sale of Goods Act 1979) II
Module 19: Investigating Human Rights Violations and the Law
Module 20: Intellectual Property Law
MODULE 1 – THE ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM
This is the first Module on the LLB Program. The Module provides an overview of the English legal system.
The topics covered on the Module include:
– The UK Constitution;
– Law-making and authority;
– Judges and the courts;
– The court hierarchy;
– The distinction between criminal and civil law;
– The standard of proof in criminal and civil proceedings;
– The doctrine of the Separation of Powers;
– The doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty; and
– The ‘Rule of Law’.
By the end of this module, students shall have a good understanding about the English legal system, and more generally about the legal system adopted in common law jurisdictions.
Students completing this module shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
- 60 minutes of pre-recorded video lectures and 20 hours of research content.
- To provide students with an overview of the English legal system.
- To teach students about the bodies relevant to the English legal system.
- To teach students about the case law, doctrines, rules and principles applicable to the English legal system.
- 10 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the module to test students’ knowledge of the topics covered.
- 2 Activities (20 TRUE or FALSE Questions)