This module provides an overview of the civil courts and alternative forms of dispute resolution adopted in England and Wales
The module shall discuss the following topics:
– The role and characteristics of other forms of dispute resolution aside from the courts, such as:
o Mediation; and
By the end of this module, students shall broadly understand the people involved in each of the other forms of dispute resolution, outline the procedures in each of the other forms of dispute resolution, and allocate the types of dispute to each of the other forms of dispute resolution.
Students completing this course shall be given a Certificate of Completion.
- 40 minutes of lectures and 10 hours of research.
- To teach students about the civil courts and the alternative forms of dispute resolution applicable in England and Wales.
- To teach students about the procedure relevant to tribunals, arbitration, conciliation, mediation, and negotiation.
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the module to test students’ knowledge of the area covered.
Civil Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Introductory Message
- Civil Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Lecture on the Civil Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Topics covered: The types of dispute, people involved, and the procedure for tribunals, arbitration, mediation, conciliation, and negotiation.
- Civil Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution Test Questions