This course provides an overview of administrative and constitutional law applicable in the United Kingdom.
This module shall provide an insight into important areas of administrative and constitutional law. Some of the areas covered in the module include:
– The UK Constitution
– The doctrine of the Separation of Powers
– The doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty
– The Judicial Review procedure
By the end of the module, students will understand about the sources of the UK Constitution, the relevance of the doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty / Supremacy under the UK Constitution, the limitations imposed on the doctrine of Parliamentary Sovereignty / Supremacy, the role played by the doctrine of the separation of powers in the UK constitutional framework, the judicial review procedure, and how a decision by the executive (Government) or public body can be challenged in the courts.
Students completing this module shall receive a Certificate of Completion.
- 74 minutes of pre-recorded video lectures and 15 hours of research content
- To provide students with an overview of the Administrative & Constitutional Law applicable in the United Kingdom.
- To teach students about the United Kingdom Constitution and the limitations imposed on the constitution.
- To teach students about the case law, doctrines, rules and principles applicable to the UK Constitution (i.e. doctrine of parliamentary supremacy).
- To provide students with an overview of the judicial review procedure
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the module to test students’ knowledge of the topics covered.